Sunday, September 14, 2008

One Morning With Mr.Teja Singh

Venue: Simpang Padang Nyiru off Jln.Bendahara,Melaka

Time and Date : 11am 12th.Apr.2007

Mr.Teja Singh : History teacher,Discpline Master,Hockey Coach and
MHS Cadet Commander (1970-2000)

I came home after long absence for a week.It was a nostalgic journey tracking back memories.Time is the essence since I have to nurse my father in law at home due to his 100% stroke and haven't recrupunture from it.Further,the weekend is spend on campus 9am-9pm is quite demanding.

The trip to town,I met Mr.Teja Singh,my history and Hockey coarch cum our Discipline Master.Sure do remember the wacking for anything from not finishing the homework or continiously coming late at assembely pont or any minor boys problems from eating in class to open boxing.Yes pick the ammo,call it long short,thick cut or thin and crispy canes.The ammo of our choosing when we were march off to the Cadet Room.Either the best 3 or 1 doesn't matter.What matter most is the instant short pain one gets the best from him.Sure do learn my lesson well after that wallopping and learn it I do, from the mistake.
But as any other father,mistake is to be corrected and like any other father the advised give by him after the wacking will lays a few drops of the pearl tears and remember it forever I do.

Here's the conversation today at the Jln Bendahara meeting just as I was about to cross the zebra crossing.

(A stand still attention reaction while having the conversation as any other cadet being ask by a Corp.Commandante)

Me: Good Morning to you sir,Mr.Teja Singh

Mr.Teja Singh : Good Morning,it you XXX son off so and so(gosh..!! he remember me)

Me: Yes sir how do you do sir,Its been a while,last was in MCE 1976

Mr.Teja Singh : Yes,been a while,how's work?I suppose you are in KL?

Me: Yes sir KL.Work is fine but at this age I decided to persue my PG,sir,at IIU.

Mr.Teja Singh : Good and children

Me: Thank you,I am bless with 3 adopted children sir which was entrust to me,A boy and two lovely girls.

Mr.Teja Singh : Very well,my son too have an adopted children.He is a doctor.

Me: I am happy for you sir,by the way sir,we afew of my batch of MCE 76 is trying to set a pro-team commitee for a reunion to commorate the 180th.aniversary of MHS when we haven't confirm yet sir.We were thinking of tracking back the old buddies plus thanking the teachers of MHS ie.off course Cikgu Tahir,you sir,Mr.M.P Ranganathan,principle Mr.Chan Yit Tat,Mr.Wee Ming Young etc.By the way,is there any possibility to contact Mr.Anandarajan,Pinciple 1970-1972 sir?

Mr.Teja Singh :Yes off course,you could catch hold of him with a couple of friends at the Subang Royal Golf Club.He is there most of the time keeping healthy with the game of golf almost every alternate days except when it is raining.

Me : Thank you sir,we will keep you intourch with the development and do look forward to make the event materialised.

Mr.Teja Singh : Yes,keep intourch.

Me : Will do sir and thank you very much sir.Bye.

Mr.Teja Singh are well aquiantance with ayah since both of them are avid sportsman in Malacca

1 comment:

sangabe said...

Well, This Mr. Teja Singh was my history teacher back in 1976. He was a very strict to discipline but a caring teacher to all of us. He is a history teacher and the good things he taught us now a history.....