Sunday, September 14, 2008

How Patrotic Are We

Habul Al Watan Min Al'Iman.

The love for a nation is part of iman.We were groom from an early age,instilled the discipline via Brass Band,Scouting or in the Cadet Gerak Khas.There was no such programe of National Service then.
The yearly training at camp Sungai Udang was much look forward by all boys.Its a life oppunities to hold a M16,learning to clean up an SLR,pistol,playing with the communication gadgets.
The annual 2 weeks camp was an adventure of a life time for the boys to experience the life of an army camp.To some it was the beginning of an ambition to be selected to the Royal Militery College only with impressive LCE result.A few of my batch did,Sdr.Rosli Md.Tan,Dato'Lt.Commander Badrulzaman Kamarulzaman of TLDM,the twins,Dr.Razak and Dr.Rani,Sdr.Jamil Md.Noor,an avid sportsman.
Me,however was not selected to either of them coz'selection for the annual camp at Sungai Udang were based on platoon.Only one platoon were selected and not mine.How frusrated.As for RMC,I did struggle trying to get a place but nothing near it.

How ever my Mak Teh sponsor me to the Out Bound School in Lumut for a month learning how to survive in pressing time while waiting for my MCE 76 result.It sure do taught me how to survive and taught us the of quality of leadership,team sprite and team work.
Thanks Mak Teh.'Budi mu dikenang'.

I might not be in the uniform but I do hold up to this beloved country.There a link on my seminar paper on such issues delivered IN IIU,Gombak.

Its call,Penal Code 121 - A Restropective Effect and Enforcement on Chin Peng And Malayan Communist Party Members.

Enjoy reading it and question ourself are we patrotic in the true sense of the word?

No comments: